Table of Contents
Catering contract will help to prevent misunderstandings, to make sure you are on the same page, to manage the cancellations, and to avoid clients’ unexpected decisions, that may otherwise lead to payment failures.
Scroll to the bottom of the page to download the template!
A catering contract template is especially useful for catering companies working with any type of event: weddings, birthdays, private parties, corporate events, incentives, etc. Catering is an essential part of any event and a free catering contract template will keep all the bases covered for you. You need to have a specific catering agreement signed by the client and the company that provides catering services for the event.
Catering services may be provided at an event day or across several events according to the terms and conditions, which are set out in the document. Use this catering contract sample whether you are a client, representative of catering, event planner, or representative of a venue, where catering is part of the services.
Catering contract – who needs it?
Who needs a catering contract?
- Venues that offer menus, appetizers, drinks, desserts;
- Wedding planners and event planners that organize the event;
- Caterers serving weddings, private, corporate events, such as seminars or workshops;
- An organization that plans a fundraising event;
- An individual that plans a private party, a birthday, an anniversary, a family reunion, a bachelor party, etc.
Catering contracts template
While drawing up a catering contract, we recommend you consider the following elements:
- event period (event day/days of series of events);
- timing of the event;
- duration of service both for the meal and drinks;
- information about setup, whether it’s a served seated meal, buffet or cocktail;
- availability of waiters;
- availability of bartenders;
- number of guests;
- supplies (tableware, dinnerware, linens provided by the caterer);
- name and location of the catering company;
- payment methods: deposits, cancellation policy;
- flat rate vs hourly rate for any extra hours;
- detailed information about the location.
Start with the free catering contract template and tweak it to be a perfect match for your style of doing business.
Catering contract template download
We will only use the email to send you the template.
We hate spam and never share your address with anybody else.