Wedding photography contract template includes different aspects of having a successful communication of the client with the event professional. Working without a contract and wedding photography contract template as the main document puts a photographer at risk and may lead to misunderstandings after the verbal agreements with the client.
So, the wedding photography contract template will help you to have all these communications in writing.
A simple wedding photography contract template includes:
- Name(s) and contact information of photographer or photographer organization;
- Name and contact information of the client;
- Name(s) of the photographer(s) who will be shooting the event and name(s) and number of the assistants;
- Date of the event;
- Place of the event (sometimes the photographer works several days starting with shooting the rehearsal dinner and ending up with day-after brunches and dinners. So make sure all the locations are included in the contract);
- Exact number of hours of photographer?s work (including starting time(s) and the time of final shooting);
- Shooting subjects: bride?s and groom?s getting ready, family and friends, venue and location, decoration, preparations, ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, wedding dinner, toasts, etc. ? here be sure you have included a shot list you?ve agreed to;
- Technical details: include the information on the number of cameras, which you will use, formats you will use (digital/film), black or white, and cost per additional rolls, if needed;
- Number of pictures the client will receive;
- Format of pictures the client will receive (digital or hard copies);
- Date your pictures will be ready to view them by the client;
- Price list for extras like prints or albums, including packaging and delivery fees in case of printing the pictures;
- Schedule of photographer?s work: timing for breaks ? the client would like to avoid missing any good shots when a photographer takes a break on the day of the event;
- Non-disparagement clauses to avoid negative impressions and reviews online;
- Total costs with specification of items;
- Overtime fees in case these will take place;
- Deposit amount (in fixed amount or percent);
- Date paid the deposit;
- Remaining balance;
- Due date;
- Cancellation and refund policy.
These are the main points that need to be included in the wedding photographers contract template. Some couples also prefer adding to the contact the details, such as the attire, which the photographer needs to wear on the big day.
An important point in the wedding photographer contract template is the aspect of copyright: agree on the following issues of your contract when signing it with the client:
- Who owns the right to the photos?
- Are there any restrictions on posting and distributing the photos online, for example, on social media? Some couples prefer not to share their wedding photos for photographer?s promotional materials without their permission.
- Does the photographer have a right to use the wedding photos in his or her portfolio, or to submit them to wedding magazines without couple?s permission?
Also, you can add the catering conditions, that means the meals for the photographers, which will be provided by the client on a working day. This will help you to avoid misunderstandings and conflicts on the day of the event.
Wedding professionals recommend you using the wedding photographer contract template to keep every tasks of the wedding shootings under control. A wedding photographers contract template will help you to stay organized and to better understand the main idea of the wedding photography.
You would like to hire a photographer for your wedding but don?t know where to start? Are you having an appointment with the photo professional, but have no idea what to ask? You definitely need a wedding photographers contract template. Good news! – eazyplan provides a simple wedding photography contract template, which you can download here.
Wedding photography contract template download
We will only use the email to send you the template.
We hate spam and never share your address with anybody else.