Table of Contents
Wedding videography contract
A wedding video contract template allows you to quickly discuss, tweak, and sign the terms and conditions before the wedding. The wedding videographer contract template is useful to manage expectations and create an overall vision (format, length, structure, etc.) of the future wedding videos.
Scroll to the bottom of the page for the download form.
Wedding videographers capture the unforgettable moments of a wedding for a lifetime of their clients and beyond. Starting with the couples’ love stories to the most touching minutes of the wedding ceremony and reception.
A wedding videographer, as an event professional, needs to be sure that the couple that chose his or her services for their big day will not change their mind at the last moment. That’s why signing a wedding videography contract with the client is of great importance. The wedding videographer contract template that you can download at the bottom of the page includes the typical scope of services provided by a videographer, basic information on the event, technical details on the equipment, information on the videographers and their assistants, information on deliverables that the client will receive after the wedding.
Usually, editing simple wedding videos takes videographers just the right amount of time for the couple to return from their honeymoon. They are always excited to watch the video and to relive the precious moments of their big day. Some videographers, however, choose to create video masterpieces and can spend 4-6 months editing the wedding footage. The wedding video contract template includes the delivery delay part that allows you to manage clients’ expectations.
An important issue for videographers, just like in photography contracts, is the copyright. A videographer automatically owns the copyright to his or her work. Some clients do not agree with this and add these aspects to the wedding video contracts. Be sure that you, as an event professional, have clarified and agreed on these details with the client within the videography contract.
Wedding videographer contract parts
The typical wedding videographer contract template includes the following parts:
- Shooting location(s): sometimes there are different locations, where the videographers will be shooting the event. It might start with the preparations of the bride and groom at home(s) or the hotel. Then come the ceremony location and the reception venue. Be sure to add all the names and addresses of the locations to the contract.
- Shooting date(s): discuss with the client the number of days and hours of your work. There are cases, when the videographer is needed for the bridal shower a week before the wedding, for the rehearsal dinner, for the wedding itself, and for the day-after shootings of brunch and dinner. Or, the videographer can work only during the wedding day itself.
- Name(s) of the videographer(s) and their assistants. To avoid risks, add the names and contact information of your video team that will work at the wedding to the wedding video contract. You can also add the clause or even the name and contact information of a substitute videographer in case of last-minute emergencies on your end.
- Technical details: how many cameras will be used? Who will be responsible for the backup technical equipment in case something happens to the videographer equipment?
- The type of deliverables.
- The total length of the finished, edited video: how many edited videos will the client receive? Will the client also receive the raw footage? Will the raw footage be used by the videographer in other videos?
- Deliverables delay: usually, this period takes from two weeks to six months.
- Features and special effects: agree with the client on these details to manage the client’s expectations from the wedding video(s).
- The number of hard copies: indicate the number of flash drives that the client will receive.
- Background music: ask the client to provide or validate the song list for certain parts of wedding videos: for the preparation, rehearsal, ceremony, reception, for the day after.
- Interviews: what kinds and types of interviews (if any) do the clients prefer to include their wedding video? Interviews are usually a wonderful idea to keep all the memories and guests’ wishes for a lifetime and can be a perfect surprise for the married couple after the wedding. Sometimes the videographers interview the guests, and the bride and groom even do not know about that.
- The total cost of the wedding videography services.
- Payment conditions: deposit amount and due date, remaining balance, and due date(s).
- Extras: indicate the fees for the extras in case the client would need additional flash drives, or specific parts to be included in the video for certain guests.
- Cancellation and refund policy: in case the client decides to cancel the cooperation with the videographer for any reason, do indicate the terms.
To simplify your work as a videographer, Eazyplan offers you a free wedding videography contract template. Enter your email address and get the wedding video contract template delivered straight to your inbox in a minute.
Wedding video contract template download
We will only use the email to send you the template.
We hate spam and never share your address with anybody else.